Woah – blast from the past – just found a mixed CD that Ryan made me at the very beginning of our relationship over a decade ago! (Taken with Instagram)
Yes, I’m reblogging myself. But I posted this back in February when these memes were really popular and more importantly, I was in my busy season and therefore lived, breathed, and slept at the office surrounded by co-accountants that do exactly what I do and pretty much have had the same career path as me, so I forgot how completely true this is.
Until last night, at my old college roomie’s engagement party where there was a good amount of socializing with people I didn’t know (aka everyone on the groom’s side). And EVERY SINGLE ONE of them upon finding out what I did explained how they are very aware of what my job entails because they know so many people that are CPAs and many who have started up their own tax practices, and by the way have I ever thought of starting my own practice? Since everyone seemed friendly and actually not completely bored out of their mind by this topic I’d try to explain how I do NOTHING with taxes whatsoever. I threw in words like SEC Reporting, Annual Reports, Financial Statements… real attention grabbers like that. They would actually contradict what I said, saying they KNOW that’s not how it is.
Sigh. I give up. Although, after writing those “key words” I tried to use, I’m really impressed they stuck with me in my conversation that long.
Meanwhile, I’m not even certain I do my own tax returns correct with extensive help from H&R Block each year. Just kidding, Ryan…. um…. maybe.
On one hand… Sad that I took this picture because I thought this was cheap. On the other hand, under $4 per gallon? I love you MD. (Taken with Instagram)
- R:are you driving?
- Me:Nope. I’m sitting in my car eating a Philly cheesesteak.
- Me:I don’t know… I’m so disappointed, I think I built Geno’s up too much in my mind – it wasn’t anything like what I remembered.
- R:wait! Why are you eating Geno’s?! I thought we both like Pat’s.
- Me:Oh my god, is that why this sandwich isn’t good. Crap, I came all the way here and am eating the wrong one.
- R:throw it out!
- R:you went out of your way to go to Philadelphia and you aren’t happy with your sandwich.
- Me:(staring at an almost empty sandwich wrapper) hmm… Ok, I gotta go figure it out.
- 15 minutes later, Pat’s Cheesesteak in hand
- Me:Oh my god, you’re right. THIS is the cheesesteak of my dreams.
- R:told ya!
- Meanwhile, my one cheesesteak was going to be my one guilty food pleasure of the weekend. And now I’ve had (almost) 2 of them. Crap.
Pat’s King of Steaks – Best Cheesesteak maker on the planet. (Taken with Instagram)
“Alaska is near Hawaii right? South of the rest of the US?”
– Friend of Ryan’s…